WHEN: Saturday, January 23 and Sunday January 24, 10 am to 2 pm
WHERE: Marblehead Community Center Parking Lot, 10 Humphrey Street, Marblehead, MA 01945
The Marblehead Democratic Town Committee is organizing a huge “food drive” to collect food, money, and gift cards for My Brother’s Table in Lynn and the Marblehead Food Pantry. In order of priority, the following donations are requested:
1. Checks made out to My Brother’s Table or the Marblehead Food Pantry;
2. Items specifically requested, which will be distributed to families in need…
- Gift cards to grocery stores, Target, Walmart, BJ’s, Costco, dollar stores, gas stations, and drugstores
- Small individual containers of shelf-stable juice & shelf-stable milk
- Individual serving packets of mayonnaise, ketchup & mustard
- Salt & pepper individual packets,
- Sugar and artificial sweetener packets
- Shelf-stable fruit cups
- Individually portioned snacks
- Cookies, especially individually portioned packages
- Shelf-stable pudding cups
- Meal replacement bars
- Single-serve shelf stable coffee creamers
- Bars of soap
- Travel-size shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream, toothpaste, lotion, and sunscreen
- Women’s hygiene products
- Toothbrushes, razors, and deodorant
- Socks (adult sizes)
The MDTC has contacted the Marblehead Board of Health to ensure that the event follows all Covid-19 guidelines.
The MDTC will contribute $500 from its treasury and solicit donations from its members as well as about 400 people and organizations on its email list. The week of 1/11/2021 MDTC is also reaching out to as many groups as it can in town. The goal is to secure a commitment from them to support the food drive as an organization and also promote it with their members.
If you are interested in donating to the food drive, MDTC members and Marblehead Young Dems will be collecting donations at the Marblehead Community Center parking lot, 10 Humphrey Street, Marblehead which will serve as a drop-off location on Saturday, 1/23 from 10-2 pm and Sunday, 1/24 from 10-2 pm. In lieu of dropping off donations, checks made out to My Brother’s Table and/or Marblehead Food Pantry may also be mailed to MDTC, PO Box 232, Marblehead, MA 01945.
All donations will be delivered on Monday 1/25 to My Brother’s Table in Lynn and the Marblehead Food Pantry.